Is this just a random walk? Am I seeing a pattern that doesn't really exist? Or is there so many tragic and depressing things going on in the world and our own lives right now that we are truly depressed?
A reoccurring statement is pondering why they're feeling this way; that they, like me, actually have lots of really good things going on in their lives right now.
I think we all deserve a pick-me-up!
Okay, maybe flowers aren't your thing...how about a coffee date with a friend? A movie? Take your family to the park? Maybe a family game night? Snuggle on the couch with someone you love?
I believe I need a fresh perspective, and I'm definitely on the look out.
Happy Friday ya'll.

My lack of motivation comes from stupid people and the drudgery of the same fucking thing for the past 9 months.
ReplyDeleteThanks Kilo! That is a great post. I want a scratch and sniff screen now. =-] Some people believe moods can be influenced by energy pools. Be positive and feel positive!
ReplyDeleteTake care and thanks again for putting a smile on my face. It is nice to come across a pick me up on occasion. I hope I can return the favor. Keep up the good work and as usual I will be looking forward to the next post.
Happy Friday!
KK, I wonder if fresh perspective is over-rated. Isn't it true that our lives are...for the most part...our lives. We might enjoy a reset point of view for a few moments or a few hours, but ultimately our lives are coming for us...and I fear our mentality clicks right back in place.
ReplyDeleteI think I'm more inclined to willfully force my perspective where I want it to go. Of course, it's my birthday today (yes, everyone should buy one of my novels right now :-) which feels a bit like New Year's Eve to me this year. I think I'm really feeling the need to move into the fiction literary world full-time. My heart has been there since as long as I can remember, and now it feels so close....
Yeah, I'm making some changes, and I appreciate your thoughts...always.
I love the Inkheart series for it's take on living in fiction. :)
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes there is a new factor in our lives that we forget to calculate. The fresh perspective helps us to reset our course.
For example, if I'm in my room with the curtains drawn lamenting the gloominess and rain, I may fail to notice that it stopped raining an hour before. When I finally stop feeling sorry for myself and open the curtains...wham...fresh perspective. The sun is shining, the rain has stopped, etc.
I know that isn't always the case. My SIL whined for a year about how she wanted to move. I kept telling her that moving wouldn't solve her problems. Her problems were internal. Well, they finally moved and guess what happened? Things were great for a couple months and then they went to hell because they just brought their marital problems with them.
While you may willfully force your perspective, you can't dismiss the fact that outside factors have a strong influence on your perspective/attitude/outlook. Sometimes we just don't have the strength to override their influence...at least for a little while.
The difference, perhaps, in those who push on and succeed in spite of the hardships they've seen/experienced, versus those who are always the victim.