Thursday, September 29, 2011

Gone Fishin'

Do you hating asking for feedback as much as I do?

Whether it's my writing or my attire or my new haircut, I feel like crap asking. It's not that I'm fishing for compliments or trying to feed my ego. How can I improve or change if I'm only relying on my own distorted viewpoint?

I feel like if I have to prompt you for feedback it wasn't that great. Or I don't look as nice as I thought I did. Or maybe you just don't care. Plus, how can it be authentic if I put you on the spot?


I guess this blog post counters my argument since it is sort of asking.

I can't win.

"Each of us is something of a schizophrenic personality, tragically divided against ourselves." -MLK

1 comment:

  1. KK, your posts always make me think.

    I was probably about nine years old when I said something to my mother (have no clue what). I do remember her response, and I do remember that she was absolutely correct in what she assumed.

    She said, "People can tell when you're fishing for compliments. Do you really want them to think you need artificial ones?"

    I can't remember a time I've ever done it since.

    ReplyDelete