Saturday, September 24, 2011

Surprises

I love surprises. I love giving them and getting them.

They can be big, like an unexpected vacation, or small, like flowers at work, either way, surprises are awesome.

When I was pregnant I didn't find out what any of my kids were going to be.  This shocked a lot of people, especially since ultrasounds are done so readily and the information is typically just right...there.  LOL. Nope, not me. There wasn't anything I could do to change what they were going to be. I wanted to be surprised. I really looked forward to the Doctor saying, "Congratulations, here's your new baby <insert gender>."

My friend just recently found out he and his finance are having a baby. He wondered how in the world do you shop when you don't know what it is?  Gender neutral, my friend.  Not only that, newborn babies really, really, really don't need much.

A dear friend surprised me not too long ago with a trip to a theme park. I'd never been, even as a child. It was probably one of the best days ever. We did rides, ate yummy food, watched fireworks. I felt truly spoiled and loved that day.

Speaking of surprises, my coworker told me his recent nightmare story of an attempt to surprise his wife by cooking dinner for the family. It included smoke detectors and fire. I hate it when a surprise doesn't work out.

I have a surprise...or two, up my sleeve. I'm not telling anyone a single clue. None whatsoever. It makes me all giddy inside in anticipation. I'm crossing my fingers they work out.

Well, I'm off to play Cinderella. It's the weekend and sadly, there is no playing for me today.  Hope you're all having a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy giving surprises, though I don't do as many of them as I'd like. Surprising the Munchkin is my favorite thing to do. Though, I must admit I like getting surprises too. I enjoy opening the door to an unexpected package from those people special to me.

    Have a good day playing Cinderella. I'm still not sure what my day will bring.

    R.S.

    ReplyDelete