Sunday, September 25, 2011

What's for dinner?

I don't know what the deal is, but there is always more condiments in my fridge than actual food. I'm never sure how it works out that way.

Actual edible, life sustaining things in my fridge right now:  eggs, tortillas, lettuce, yogurt, apples, lunch meat, cheese.

Sure, there are a few other things in there that can be combined with pantry items to sustain life: milk (+ cereal), jam (+ bread and peanut butter), cream cheese (+ bagels).

Pretty much, however, my fridge is full of a variety of salad dressings, mustards, mayo, soy sauce, salsa, Tabasco, jams and jellies, beer, and butter.

Funny thing is, there's a lot of stuff that will probably not get used. The hoisen sauce, for example, that was purchased for a delicious Thai meal. Not enough for a whole second meal, but too much to just "toss". I hate being deliberately wasteful. Perhaps I'm not being creative enough in my cooking. Maybe I need to be way more serious about meal planning.

Sigh.  Please tell me someone else's fridge looks like this.

2 comments:

  1. I knew I wasn't the only one!  And I have more condiments on my shopping list.
    Have you tried making tuna with Caesar dressing? Yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried that. Thanks for the suggestion.  I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

    ReplyDelete