Saturday, August 20, 2011

Turn My World Upside Down


I just want to let you all know that I’m probably going to die today and this will be my last blog post. Why? Today I’m going to Six Flags. I’m going to ride roller coasters. I hate rides. They scare me to death. So don’t be surprised when you hear about my death on the news tonight.

Since it’s evident that this scares me, significantly, you may wonder why I’m doing this. For a couple reasons: one, it’s good to address your fears, right? I fear falling. I fear high places. I fear mechanical failure. Two, I’m going with someone who LOVES these things. It’s good to be interested in the things that interest the person you’re interested in, right? Three, part of me actually wants to do this. It’s some sick perverted side I’m not very familiar with. It’s the same side that prompted me to go parasailing a few weekends ago and the same side that will probably get me on the end of a giant rubber band.

So as I head out this morning I hope for a couple things: one, I hope I won’t need the change of clothes I brought. Two, I hope every safety person has done their job with the thoroughness they’d use if they personally were going to be on the ride. Three, I hope the contents of my stomach stay where they belong. Finally, I hope I discover my fear is unfounded after the first ride or two and enjoy the rest of the day…without dying.

Assuming I live, I’ll let you know all about it tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. KK, I hope you don't die, both because it's hard to follow Twitter friends in Under-Heaven, and I'm not sure you've had time to add me to your wi--I mean it would just be sad :-(

    I have to admit I WILL NOT ride on 95% of the amusement park rides, and my children are too old to need me on the few I would ride on (no grandchildren yet!).

    I once rode on something-Mountain rollercoaster at Disney-whatever in Florida, for much the same reasons that you have stated. She was cute and persistent. I survived...only to learn someone was beheaded by the damn thing shortly thereafter. Nope, not for me :-(

    But, as I said, I hope you survive. Let me know if you need middle initials etc... for legal--I mean, I'm here if you need to talk :-)

    ReplyDelete