Monday, August 22, 2011

Survival!

Eighteen. That's the number of rides I took and didn't die. (No need to update my will after all Tim.)

Nope, I didn't die. In fact, I ended up having an amazing time. Even on the ride we got stuck on. (Just for a few minutes before they let us deboard. It was a great ride...we did it twice.)

The first ride we went on was called X2. It is touted as a fifth demention ride. I have no idea what that means.  It's a new ride at the park and there was a huge line for it. I think there was nearly a two hour wait. Thank you fast pass (and he who made the awesome decision to purchase it)! We had an appointment with destiny and only waited about fifteen minutes to meet it. I'm pretty sure I missed half the ride with my eyes shut. I was told I missed the part where the fire blasts. I would've liked to have gone on it again...with my eyes open. There's a part as the ride comes cresting over a hill that you can't see the rest of the cars, you can't see the track, all you can see is the ground rushing up as screams erupt around you.

The one ride I really, really didn't want to go on ended up the least gut churning in actuality. I did not want to be Superman, or Supergirl as the case may be. The thought of being launched straight up in the air was not a happy one...even after I'd gone on a dozen rides before it. Turned out we were up and back down so quickly there was hardly time to be scared. The sound of the ride echoing across the park probably lasted longer than our trip. I even kept my eyes open.

I think what made this experience help me to put my fears behind me was the safety equipment. The modern rides have thickly padded safety gear that really makes you feel locked in. A significant improvement, in my opinion, to the metal bar that almost didn't keep me in place on the upside-down ride I took as a teen. I had a hand to hold, too. Although its owner was wincing at one point...sorry babe.

All in all, its a day I'll look back on with fond memories. Wonder what fear challenging adventure is up next?

No comments:

Post a Comment