Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Make It So

It is really so hard to do what you say you're going to do?

My ex couldn't ever seem to grasp that concept. He claimed I didn't understand his health issues and how they made things hard for him. Not true. I did and still do. However, I don't care how small the thing is that you say you're going to do, just do it. If you tell me you're going to take out the trash, I don't care if you don't accomplish one other single thing as long as the one thing you said you would do is done.

A few weeks ago he asked if we could work some legal issues out between us. I said okay...stupidly. After multiple indepth discussions about what compromises we'd be willing to make to finalize our divorce he promised to send me an email so I could have my attorney draw up the papers for us to sign. The promised day comes and goes. As does the next. And the next. And once again, the next. Finally, he sends me the email with his demands...Er, I mean compromises. Only problem? No compromises. Same crap I'd already said I couldn't and wouldn't agree to. The very things we had discussed. The very things he said he'd agree to compromise on.

Now, perhaps I'm being a hypocrite. I did, after all, vow in sickness and in health and I've broken that vow. However, I don't recall vowing in abuse, laziness and negativity. I recall vowing to a partnership of love and hard work. Not to becoming the support of an individual willing to look harder for ways out of doing work than doing the work itself. If that makes me a hypocrite, well, so be it.

1 comment:

  1. People so rarely bother to keep their word. Even on small things. It would require greater lengths than they're willing to put forth.

    ReplyDelete