Saturday, August 27, 2011

All Dressed Up?

Where did we go wrong when it comes to acceptable attire in public?!?

How did we go from this:


To allowing this?




Is this what Women's rights are all about?  Our right to look like trash in public? The right to expose our bits? Did we stand up against pantyhose, heels and knee length skirts to make this okay?





And what is it with everyone wearing their pajamas in public??



I have nothing against Pajama Day at school. I understand needing to quickly run into the store after a day at the lake in your pool coverup for a single item like milk. I don't understand the complete lack of pride and refusal to look in the mirror before leaving the house. 

I'm betting this lack of pride in appearance translates into a lack of caring about community, education, and in general, anyone except themselves. I bet if you confronted any of these people, they'd defend their right to look the way they do instead of being embarrassed by their asses hanging out for all to see.

What are your thoughts? Are you willing to make a quick run to the store in your PJs and think nothing of it?

(Picture credits go to: www.peopleofwalmart.com; www.publicpajamas.com; and www.clarabelleblog.com)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm all for the PJ run, but cover up, people! I once saw a woman out in a strapless top, with a regular bra. Not even a cute bra, just an old beige thing. Only the people in my building see me in the tiny or the sloppy when I'm doing the garbage or getting the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KK, I like that your posts are easy to absorb and are almost demanding of attention or a response. As a father of three, I have to say that only my youngest has presented a dress code challenge. Though we live in Maine in a typical rural suburb, he has insisted on wearing his clothes hanging off from him. How do you say that style was born of hand-me-downs that didn't fit? I get how an urban culture out-of-necessity have turned that into a style, but... :-(

    ReplyDelete