I've taken on some challenges this year.
Mostly they're all leading up to a single challenge.
I want to complete a GRC.
What is it? Honestly, that's a really good question. It's a team event, not a race.Eight to ten hours, fifteen to twenty miles, and offers to under promise, over deliver. You can learn more about it here. Watch one of the videos. I'll wait.
Intense, right?
I want to be one of those smiling people at the end. Exhausted, but rewarded. There's something that drives me that is difficult to express. It demands I be one of those people.
So, how do you get ready for this event that offers sketchy details at best?
For me, I'm weight lifting three times per week, doing my darnedest to increase my stamina, and taking on some other challenges along the way.
May - Capital City Marathon: Nothing too big here...a little 5 mile race. I'll be happy to just finish.
June - Goldsborough Creek Run: 7 miles. Just hope to have a faster time than the CCM.
June - Spartan Sprint: If you've never heard of a Spartan Race, check this out! For this one, I just hope to come out alive.
September - Tough Mudder: Assuming the Spartan Sprint doesn't break me, bring on the mud! Tough Mudder is almost four times as long as the SS with many more obstacles. Wanna peek? Click here.
And finally...
December - GoRuck Challenge: The pinnacle event of the year!
You may have noticed some time gaps there. I'm hoping to fill July, August, October and November with a race or challenge of some kind.
I'll keep y'all posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment