Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Snubbing...Now Available in Technocolor

Imagine you and I go to the same coffee shop.

I sit at my table, sipping a mocha, waiting.

You walk in, glance around and see me.

You order your coffee...joke with the barista...comment on the latest piece of artwork hanging on the wall...high five another patron on your way out.

This happens for four or five days.

Finally, you stop by briefly, "hey...i missed you."

Funny, I've been here all along.

Welcome to Social Media.

1 comment:

  1. Convenience and want often go hand in hand. Reference, "Help a friend in need, and they will always remember you... whenever they need help."

    I often have high standards in people because I hold myself to those same high standards. I then get let down, end up feeling angry and disappointed. As I think about it though I come to realize it is my fault for expecting so much from people when they have no obligations other than to themselves. 

    I wish I had overwhelming evidence that people tend to show more concern for others than themselves. Truth is though, self preservation is ingrained so deep within the human DNA that we may never overcome the "me for today" and reach out to the "us for tomorrow." 

    It is possible that the coffee shop patron neglected to consider your feelings and simply did not concern themselves with saying hello until THEY felt the need to satisfy their need to interact. Often is the case that no mind is shown until it benefits or affects them. Their actions seem completely justifiable to them, until the roles are reversed and they cry out how unfair the world is, when it is not focused on them.

    Hey, that is a great cup of coffee, isn't it? =-D

    ReplyDelete