Friday, July 13, 2012

Grown-up Toys

When someone says "grown-up toys" what comes to mind?

I suppose it depends much on the context. ;)  For some people, its cars, others guns, and yet still others may be imaging something a little more x-rated.

Here are some "toys" I recently had an opportunity to play with.



Missing from this picture is this fun toy:



Allow me to describe the fun as I experienced it.  Keep in mind, this was the first time I've played with any of this stuff and I'm sure there are tons and tons of ways to ratchet up the intensity of these "play dates".

First we ran through the agility ladder (yellow stripes on ground). Next we went around the cones.  After the cones we used a fun set of pvc piping (not pictured) to do pushups and dips. That was followed up by a set of squats on the Bosu ball (blue half circle blob on the right). The awesome giant tire was used for step ups. The rubber half-circle is 40 pounds of sand.  Your choice, that or the slosh pipe, for 40 yards of lunges. The circuit was completed with 20 yards of bear crawls and 20 yards of crab walks.

It wasn't incorporated into the circuit, but just for fun, those water jugs with the bar threaded through them? Yeah, those have a rope attached to them. So, first you use the rope to pull them 30 yards (I believe, might have been 20), then you get down and push them back.

My body is a little sore today. :)

Seriously, however, the slosh pipe! Wow. That was really difficult. You have to make tiny adjustments because too fast will send the water cascading from one side to the other, completely throwing you off balance. I did not mange to do all my lunges with it. In fact, the first 20 yards was just figuring out how to walk with the darn thing!

All part of improving my fitness, stamina, and overall strength for the next challenge in my life.  August 4th...ZOMBIES!!  Let's hope I can outrun them!

No comments:

Post a Comment