Sunday, January 1, 2012

Thoughts on Coping

Life throws us curve balls. Some of them are thrown with such strength, speed and accuracy you'd think you were facing down the Big Unit (meh, he was a great pitcher of my childhood). How you handle those curve balls however, says a lot about you.

Maybe you run or do yoga. Maybe you hide. Maybe finding the bottom of a bottle of rum is your choice. Maybe you're the whine on Facebook type. Maybe you lean on family and your true friends until the crisis is over. Maybe you find yourself the first thing on two legs that'll screw you. Maybe you drive your car too fast. Maybe you just mope and feel sorry for yourself.

For me, I write. I over think things, and I write.

I write about suicide. I write about death. I write angry. I write tears. I write about real men and tough women. I write about betrayal, honesty, and redemption. (Although, even when I'm in a great mood my writing runs on the dark side.)

This isn't new. I've done it my whole life. The difference is I have a blog instead of a pretty journal.

So read, think, relate. But always remember...

It's just fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment