Why does everyone know the name "Snooki"? Why is she trying to sell us pistachios while looking like an orange? Why are children dressing up like Jersey Shore bimbos for Halloween? Why is the fact that Brad found Angela crying in the shower newsworthy? Why do you know who I'm talking about without me giving you last names?
I find it truly disappointing that today's heroes and celebrities aren't those who are really heroic and deserve recognition. I find myself disgusted with humanity as I read the news. Why does the death of an actor elicit more grief that those who sacrifice for us daily? Why is it important which Hollywood star is dating who? Or how often they break up? How is the birth of their children any more important than the birth of the average person? Just because they have money?
I'm going to create a place where you can bring attention to the heroes in your life. Those who would otherwise go unrecognized. Whether it is something as simple as helping fix a flat tire, or something amazing.
I want to be able to go somewhere on the web where I can be inspired to greatness, rather than entertained by stupidity (sites like peopleofwalmart.com and wtftattoos.com). Where I and others can be reminded that there are wonderful, good people in the world. Maybe through this type of focus we can be less disjointed and more united toward the betterment of humanity.
I want to share stories like Red Mojo Mama shared here, or Will Bevis shared here.
If you have a story to share or want more information, please contact me at e-writer @ kksierra.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment