My first foray back into writing was in the arms of fan-fiction. I know this is a highly controversial subject, but personally, I think it should be taken as the highest form of flattery. It means I fell so in love with your characters that I wanted to take them for a spin in my own creative world. Of course, some may also interpret it as, I hated the way you wrote that SO much that I'm going to write it the way I think it should be. I guess, in that respect, it may not be the highest form of flattery. However, whichever way you look at it, your material is being read, analyzed, discussed, recommended, and loved.
Over the last nine months I've written several stories for fan-fiction. It has been a good exercise for organizing my thoughts. My stories included the FF characters and several of my own characters that I've come to love. Now, my characters are going to come out and play as I begin work on my own novel. Maybe someday I'll have my own FF followers.
No comments:
Post a Comment